Sunday, 28 July 2013

Soldiers of the (Austro-Hungarian) Empire

Now finished my first 'proper' company for In Her Majesty's Name - Major Otto Von Feldkirchen's Light Dragoons. Austro-Hungary's Finest. Ahem. As you may note, they appear to have misplaced their horses...

Just some pictures for the time being - I have written a company list but I'm going to send it to the IHMN blog first and see if it works.



The figures are from Empress Miniatures - their Mutton Chop range. A bit later than the IHMN setting, but I think they work quite well, and they fit Austrian uniform for the late 1800s/early 1900s quite well. The uniform scheme is actually an amalgam of French light dragoon and Austrian light infantry from the 1900s, because I kept changing my mind on what I wanted them to look like... I used Haswell Miller's 'Vanished Armies' for inspiration.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment